In this post, we are looking for how to restore Mozilla Thunderbird Emails and Profiles manually. This is useful if you have a recent computer crash, or just want to migrate your all data to another PC. Follow this and I will demonstrate how to do Restoring lost Thunderbird emails and accounts manually in a Windows-based computer.
Restoring lost Thunderbird emails and accounts manually
- Thunderbird installed
- Your previous backup of Thunderbird Emails and Profiles.
If you want to start, make sure Thunderbird is not running. After this, right-click on your Thunderbird backup in Windows Explorer and remove it in your C: \ user \ AppData \ Roaming folder. This will keep all your backups in the right place where Thunderbird wants them.
Now, in the Start Menu type the following
- thunderbird.exe –profilemanager
- The Thunderbird user profile manager should open. Click on Create Profile.
- Click Next.
You can now enter a name for your profile, or leave it to the default. Profile name should not affect anything within Thunderbird. What’s important here is the folder you selected.
- Click on to Choose Folder.
- Click on the backup folder that you just unzipped and then click on Select Folder.
- Back to Main Profile Manager screen, double-click on that profile that you just created to launch Thunderbird.
- All your backups may have been effective, and your email will be waiting.