To access your IMAP-enabled Gmail account in Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird on your desktop.
- Select File > New > Existing Mail Account. If you don’t see the File menu, you can select the Alt key.
- In the Set Up Your Existing Email Address dialog box, provide your Gmail account information (real name, email address, and password). Thunderbird configures the Gmail connection automatically.
- After choosing Continue, the program will find the correct server details. Then press Done, and a pop-up appears prompting you to log-in to your Gmail account.
- Sign in with your Google credentials.
- Thunderbird downloads your Gmail messages, and you can now access your Gmail on Thunderbird.