How to Delete Mail From a Mozilla Thunderbird?
- Launch Thunderbird Email
- Once in Thunderbird, you can delete attachments by right-clicking on the attachment icon that appears at the bottom of a message containing an attachment.
- One of the right-click options will say “Delete….” After you’ve deleted the attachment, the appearance of the attachment icon will change, and the description will now say “Deleted: .”
We recommend performing the attachment deletion from the preview pane. That is, rather than double clicking a message to view it in its own window, just click on the message *once* so that you can see a preview of the message and its attachment icon in the lower right pane. Then right-click on the attachment icon that’s visible in there and choose the Delete… function. For some reason, using this function in the preview pane seems to cause less confusion.
Also, that Thunderbird has the ability to let you sort messages by size. Taking advantage of this feature would help you find the messages with the largest attachments first, so you’d get the most bang for your buck.
- Right Click on the document icon on the bottom of the screen
- After you delete the attachment, it will show as DELETED
- One thing to note is that when you do this, it changes the date of the message, so it will then appear as if it came in today