Cannot delete messages in Thunderbird
- First, open your Profile folder:
- At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button , then select , and then . The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
- Under the Application Basics section, click on . A window with your profile files will open.
- Close Thunderbird.
- Open the Mail (or ImapMail) folder in your file manager (according to whether you are using POP or IMAP with the affected account).
- Open the folder with your incoming mail server name (something like imap.googlemail.comor pop.googlemail.com).
- Select the Trash and Trash.msf files and delete them. In some accounts, these may be named Bin or Deleted.
- Restart Thunderbird.
- If you are using IMAP, a new Trash folder will be automatically created by Thunderbird.
- If you are using POP:
- In the folder list, right-click on your account name and select .
- Enter Trash as folder’s name and confirm by clicking on .
The trash will reappear and you will be able to delete mail again.