I have a local folder with lots of messages and I just want to copy a list of message headers on the clipboard. Or at least print the list
Thunderbird allows me to ‘select all’ message headings, but whatever you want to do with each message with that message individually I do not want to print or copy all the message content, I Just want to print or copy message headers.
All suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Especially if I can copy the list of headers in the clipboard and then I can use it in MS Excel.
Copy Messages Headers to the Clipboard Thunderbird
You can use the ImportExportTools add-on at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde … porttools/ supports exporting a HTML copy of the folder listing using tools -> importexporttools -> export all messages in folder -> “just index” . “just index (csv)” would create a .csv file if you want to import it into Excel.
Copy a list with extra message headers to the clipboard
- select folder(s) in 3pane window
- open config editor in options
- set devtools.chrome.enabled preference to true
- open error console in developer tools
- copy and paste the code into error console
- press enter to run
- open example tab
- focus page, select all, copy
- open excel
Select multiple folders group together
- press and hold the shift key, click the first folder, click the last folder
- Select multiple folders that are not grouped together:
- press and hold Ctrl key, click the first folder, click the second folder, click the third folder