Install and Use another Language in the Dictionary on Thunderbird
If you send messages in more than one language, you can install additional spell-checking dictionaries in the Thunderbird. After installing the dictionary, switching from one language to another is easy
Language Thunderbird Add-ons are available in the form of Thunderbird Add-ons See more FAQ for more information.
Install a new language dictionary
- At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the Alt + T) and select , or click the Application menu button and choose menu (.
- Select the panel, followed by the tab.
- Click Download More Dictionaries, then click to close the dialog.
- In the opened tab, scroll through the alphabetic list of dictionaries to find the one you want.
- Click Download Dictionary next to the language of your choice.
- In the opened page of the selected dictionary, click the green button.
- In the Software Installation window, click .
- Restart Thunderbird if prompted.
That’s it! Your new dictionary is installed. To uninstall it, open the Add-ons Manager, find the dictionary on theor panel and click the button next to it.