How to configure Bellsouth email with Mozilla Thunderbird?
First you have to create bellsouth email account. Thunderbird with bellsouth makes a great change in our life. There are many attractive features in bellsouth that you can use them in your daily life.
We can use POP3 and IMAP in bell south
- Select the files from account setting options
- Now select the email account which you need to update
- If you are not register than click on new account option to proceed further
- Select an internet email settings option
- Please verify pop3 and imap if they are selected
- And please check the credentials are correct or wrong
Bellsouth email settings for pop3
- Please enter inbound.att.net now mention your name field
- And also in outbound.att.net mention your name field
- For pop3 the settings should be 995and 465
- SSL/TLS will be(yes)
Bellsouth email settings for IMAP
- In incoming mail server, you should enter imap.mail.att.net
- In incoming mail server you should enter smtp.mail.att.net
- Please verify the user name and password
- Click on more settings on outgoing server tab
- Please authenticate outgoing server(smtp)
- Please use the same settings for incoming mail server
- Now go to advanced tab
- In incoming server pop3 please enter 995
- And in outgoing server field (smtp) please enter 465 if you have a pop account
- If you have a imap account, the in the incoming and outgoing server, please enter 993 and 465
- Please check SSL encryption settings, it should be yes
- Also, check the username and the password should be the same on web mail.
- Then select ok, next and finish the internet email settings
Remember for inbound pop3 (995) (yes)
For outbound pop3(465) (yes)
Remember for inbound imap(993) (yes)
And for outbound imap (465 or 587) (yes)
In this you can the settings of pop and imap in your account just by entering the names and port numbers. In this you can easily set bellsouth mail account in Mozilla Thunderbird.