ThunderBird Email Problems with Windows 8
Unable to send Email Messages
If you are unable to send email messages from your Thunderbird account, there can be two reasons behind this:
- Inappropriate Thunderbird Settings
- Blocked Port 25 by ISP (Internet Service Provider)
To resolve this issue:
Ensure that Thunderbird Settings are appropriately configured
- Incoming mail server (POP3/IMAP server): mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP server): mail.yourdomain.com
- Username: the full e-mail address like [email protected]
- SMTP authentication must be enabled for the login to be successful.
- Try using alternative TCP port 2525 for SMTP Server.