Thunderbird Email Support
Thunderbird Email Support | 1-855-785-2511
This guide will show step-by-step for Thunderbird Email Support instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might vary. However, the steps should be the same across platforms. Thunderbird is a free E-mail client and can be downloaded from mozilla.com/thunderbird.
- Select Email under the Create a New Account icon.
- Now, enter your Name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing mail messages.
- Again enter your full Email address
- Enter your Email password
- Click the Continue button
- Thunderbird will now attempt to setup the account automatically. It will create an IMAP account and will not use SSL.
- Once the automatic setup has completed click Manual Config.
- For the incoming and outgoing server enter yourdomain.com replace yourdomain.com with your domain name.
- Enter your full email address as the User Name
- Enter your entire email address as the User Name for both incoming and outgoing.
- Click Retest
- Click Done.
- If you are prompted with a security warning select permanently store this exception. Then click Confirm Security Exception.
You should now be able to send and receive mail after a few seconds of verification. There are several points to be made here. First, as always, back up everything before you upgrade. You should be regularly backing up everything anyway, but do an extra backup just before you do the upgrade.